Meeting minutes December 2003
Present: Stephen Cooke, Liam Tallis, Jan Vilijn, Robert-Jan Oosterloo, Ronald Vermeij, Matt Washburn, Tom George, Gerard van Heel, Ilham Sayil, Phillip Lloyd
Cancelled: Nick Partridge.
- Progress on the new site has not been has much as Steve had hoped due to personal reasons.
- We have a new server and the public site and Pegasus will be integrated
- The new website will be editable via templates and editable by everyone (given enough rights)
- New site can be viewed on http://www.eurostar-aviation.ch/esava
- Domainname has not been renewed by Hani
- Pegasus domainname will move to the .ch domain. Steve will see if he can retain the old pegasus domainname for some more time so pilots can get used to the new domainname
- A Greek area will be probably be opened with the summer TT. This will be decided by a forum poll. The hub will be LGAV. Jan will contact Kyprianos Biris (Helenic VACC director)
- The ASA area will likely be reformed to a cargo area as part of the Advanced Global Logistics plan to integrate the carge division of ESA and Meridian. This will happen probably after the Greek area is set up.
- There is a proposal to replace the 733s and 736s with 738s
- There is a proposal to open up Eurostar Express with only 738s and based in the FRA area.
- There was lots of debate about the pro-airbus policy of ESA. Some members would like to see the fleet more balanced between Airbus and Boeing. This item remains unsolved.
- Steve will address the issue of FS2004 info about the aircraft on the fleet page.
- The codeshare between ESA/MDN remains. An online ACARS system for Pegasus is being looked into.
- Liam is working out a training plan. This also includes type ratings that pilots can get voluntarily.
- Liam is also working on SOPs (standard operations for aircraft).
- And a plan for online training (training pilots to fly online) is being developed. Suggested training site is Prestwick, Scotland
- The requirement of the dot in the flightplans will be reconsidered. We will see what the online ACARS system uses as flightplan format.
- Ilham and Steve will look into getting the cargo fleet into AGL livery.
- Meridian will be contacted to see if they still support the AGL
- Matt is working on a plan for a world tour.
- Ronald is planning an event on IVAO
- We are in need of a PR director
- There is an idea to change the promotion system and base it on someting other then just flying hours. Phil will look further into this